Hi all,

I've added a new idea to the Talis Ideas site, and I'm going to shamelessly promote it here.

<http://lncn.eu/ejky>

At the moment, if you "sign in" from a reading list item page to view a digitisation on Talis Aspire Digitised Content (TADC), you have to create a Reading List profile first.

Most users who sign in to view a digitisation are students, who have little to gain from creating a profile on Talis Aspire at this point - they just want access to the digitised content.

In our experience, ***any step which delays access to full text*** will deter users. We're already finding that this extra step in creating a TA profile at the point of accessing a digitisation is confusing students and leading to unnecessary support calls.

Sample quote: "Why do I need to give you my name just to access a chapter?".

I would like the profile creation to be skipped or deferred for users who are "only" signing in to view a digitisation.

Paul

------

Paul Stainthorp
Electronic Resources Librarian

University of Lincoln
The Great Central Warehouse University Library
Brayford Pool
Lincoln
LN6 7TS
United Kingdom