http://www.cilip.org.uk/cilip/news/outcomes-cilip-agm

sorry this is so out of date, but I have been hospitalised and now confined to bed, for the last couple of months, so just catching up.

Well  Cilip, what a cock up at the highest level!!

The whole campaign for the change was faulty from the off. The way members have been referred to, and ignored, insulted etc. makes me worried that there may not be a CILIP, under this or any other name in the future.

The votes speak volumes. This totally disengagement must be more worrying than the falling membership of most of the political parties

The tone in many of the Cilip hierarchy has been abysmal, rude, off-putting and unprofessional

The whole way the procedure was totally mismanaged was amateurish to say the least. The lack of comment from some of the hierarchy and the poor and haughty articles, blogs and emails from some of the hierarchy who should  know better, was appalling. The words 'in a brewery' spring to mind

BUT THE MEMBERSHIP HAS SPOKEN

NOW it is time those running (or their version of running), the organisation must at least be considering their position and their future as safeguarding the organisation! They have overseen, orchestrated and illustrated a poor understanding OF THE MEMBERSHIP AND HOW TO RUN SUCH AN ORGANISATION.

I PREDICT MORE MEMBERS WILL ALSO CONSIDER THEIR POSITION AND WHETHER THEY WANT TO LEAVE MEMBERSHIP OR PERHAPS BETTER STILL DO A 'ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST' AND TAKE OVER THIS FAILING ORGANISATION.

I have only had the chance to skim many many unread emails, but I haven't seen one that is an apology, regrets or regret at the way the whole affair was conducted.

ALL Membership organisations are facing difficulties, and I point to one such that has conducted a hugely successful, inclusive and academic look at its structure, role, membership and future, is the Magistrates Association. At every step members were included, and every aspect of the strategy was open and fair. If those who managed the recent Cilip farrago are still at the helm, I suggest they visit John Fassenfelt Chair of the MA, to find out how to do the job properly., to save money and improve services, increase scope and improve relationships with critical bodies!!

Meanwhile I am waiting for and expecting some sort of apology, explanation and open debate about the future.

A mess, a disgrace and a huge disappointment has been made by Cilip top dogs over the last few months. Members however have shown, good sense, sensible suggestions and clarity of reasons. This should not be wasted, and they need to be drawn into the top positions of council etc.

Perhaps by so doing we can keep the membership and move forward in a sensible manner

Frances Hendrix
Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7QR
Tel:  01257 274 833.   Mobile: 0777 55 888 03