ASLIB Copyright: Latest Legislative Developments Training with Naomi Korn

***   Apologies For Cross-Posting  ***

Book this course and get 10% discount on another course from the Autumn programme.

COPYRIGHT: LATEST LEGISLATIVE DEVELOPMENTS - 6 November 2013, London

There have been major legislative changes recently to copyright laws that will dramatically affect how digital resources are managed and used, and therefore almost certainly impact upon the roles, responsibilities and advice given by Library and Information Professionals on a daily basis.

Course highlights:

The programme will cover:

*  An overview of the latest legislative developments and the impact on the role of librarians and information professionals:
*  What's on the horizon?
*  Case Law
*  Scenarios, group work and plenty of discussions.

Please note: The emphasis will be on UK Copyright Law, although some international issues will be covered.

Why you should attend:

This course will provide a detailed overview of the latest legislative developments, including relevant case law, other related rights and more detailed discussion about some key topical issues to help participants develop the necessary skills in order for them become more expert in copyright and ultimately to provide the necessary copyright advice and support across their organisation in light of fundamental legislative changes.

On completing the course, you will be able to:

*  Understand the legal requirements of copyright and related rights, recent case law and their relationship to the role of librarians and information professionals
*  Understand the proposed changes to the copyright legislation and what these could mean for your organisation and your specific role
*  Consider your next steps and in particular strategic, policy and practice-related measures associated with legislative developments
*  Appreciate how you can best support your colleagues regarding copyright issues they may have
*  Recognise authoritative copyright resources.

Course Director: Naomi Korn

Comments:

"I was impressed by the way we explored the practical use of the changes and looked at where they would be placed in my workplace. Open and friendly environment and the course was put together in a way to keep your interest." - Julie Cochrane, Royal Museums Greenwich

"Naomi is consistently clear, logical and enthusiastic. Very approachable." - Claire Hodkinson, University of Manchester Library

"Coverage presented in an engaging easy to follow way." - Neil Sprunt, University of Manchester Library

For more information about the course visit - http://www.aslib.com/training/courses/course.htm?eventid=104

All the above courses can be run as on-sites or as one-to-one (contact me for further details).

BOOK YOUR PLACE

To book a place, please complete the booking form at: http://www.aslib.com/downloads/ASLIB%20Training%20%20Booking%20Form.pdf
and return to:

Sue Hill
ASLIB Training Executive

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0) 1274 777700 Ext 5621
Web: http://www.aslib.com/training

ASLIB Training - Celebrating 70 Years of Information Skills Training

Remember ASLIB Members receive 20% discount