Dear all

Many thanks to all the people who contacted me and offered me help with my session. I really appreciated it. I will be replying to you all individually over the next few days. I finally delivered the session this afternoon, and I think it went down well. I would be very happy to share my PowerPoint and plan with anyone who is interested - just drop me an email.

Information from others suggested feedly http://cloud.feedly.com or Yanobs  http://yanobs.com/reader/ or The Old Reader http://theoldreader.com/

Phil Bradley has created a good list of alternatives to Google Reader:

http://philbradley.typepad.com/phil_bradleys_weblog/2013/03/20-alternatives-to-google-reader.html

 Ned Potter has also blogged a good list of alternatives to Google Reader; http://thewikiman.org/blog/?p=2145

In terms of an alternative to iGoogle - most people suggested Netvibes http://www.netvibes.com/   I also found Symbaloo http://www.symbaloo.com/ which looks quite nice, but I haven't had time to test it.Protopage  http://www.protopage.com/ and Flipboard https://flipboard.com/ were also suggested.

In terms of other content - I talked about mailing lists, Google Groups, RSS feeds, blogs, Wikis, Twitter, Facebook, Webinars, Online/Distance learning, MOOCs, TOCs, Database alerts, ebooks on eReaders, and mobile phone apps. It certainly got them all thinking!!

Best wishes
Katherine

Katherine Staples
Subject Librarian: Health & Social Care
Oxford Brookes University Library
Gipsy Lane
Headington
Oxford
OX3 0BP

Tel: 01865 483135
Email:    [log in to unmask]

Please note my working days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday