From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roddham Mike
Sent: 11 October 2013 12:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Money, money, money

In soon-to-be-wet-and-windy West Sussex, we send an underdue (reminding that the book will be due in 2-3 days) and an overdue the week after.  No fines so far.  If no response, we send a letter after a fortnight with a £2 admin fee.  If that doesn't work it gets past to Finance and the admin fee rises to £5.

I don't like fines, as I think they inhibit a good working relationship and encourage users to think of us like public libraries.   Our charge is for wasting our time!

Regards

Mike

Mike Roddham
Head of Service
West Sussex Knowledge & Libraries
01243 831507or internal extn 2778
http://www.westsussexknowledge.nhs.uk <http://www.westsussexknowledge.nhs.uk/>

The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

 Any processing, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as intended is prohibited. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message, including any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.