Professional Development never sleeps - a one day event hosted by ARLG NE:

With increasing pressures on our time and finances, it can be challenging to find time to reflect and act on our professional development. This event will include plenty of opportunities for networking and help you embed good practice into your personal and professional development.

Jo Alcock is an Evidence Based Researcher at Evidence Base, Birmingham City University. She will start the day with an interactive workshop with opportunity to learn about professional development planning, activities and opportunities, and to enable you to reflect on your own processes. Suzie Kitchin (Research Support Librarian, Northumbria University) will explore how you can use peer support to develop within the workplace. The ARLG North East AGM will take place during the day, giving you opportunity to learn more about this CILIP group. Rachel Dolan (Campus Library Manager and Academic Liaison Librarian at the University of Sunderland) will speak on "A Quality Development Timeline - enhancing the quality of our customers experience through staff development".  This will be followed by a workshop where we can share good practice and learn from each other.