That's fantastic news!  Well done Katrina and thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Angela

(Not actually working in libraries at the moment but still a proud - Chartered - Embedded Librarian)

From: Katrina Malone <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 7 October 2013, 9:16
Subject: Chartership second time round

About this time last year my chartership portfolio was rejected. I felt totally bewildered and confidence took a real knock.

So I emailed round for advice/experiences and thanks so much to everyone who generously shared their own experiences with me, whether they had had to redo their portfolio, answer questions on it, or were mentors with advice.

I was wonderfully encouraged and uplifted by everyone's encouragement to give it another go, and after finding a new mentor, rewriting and amending my portfolio, I've just had word it's been accepted, and I'm now chartered.

So a big heartfelt thank you again, and an encouragement to anyone who has the same experience, or struggles a bit along the way.  Persistence pays off. Confidence can be bashed sometimes, a natural experience, but we're all capable of more than we think.

Love to all :-)

Katrina