From: learning development in higher education network [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Liz Coombs [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 October 2013 15:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academic Study Support Database

Hi

Does anyone use a database to keep data relating to student use of academic skills support services?  We are currently using a number of unwieldy spreadsheets to keep track of students who use our service, both so that we can report back centrally and also so that we can keep track of individual students – see when they last came in, look up the nature of previous queries/sessions, note attendance at workshops etc.

We would really like to store this information in a database but we’re not sure where to start with finding or designing one.  At the moment we would be looking for something which would be separate from our central records/registry systems.

I would welcome any ideas or experience that anyone can share,

Many thanks

Liz

Liz Coombs

Director

Centre for Workplace Learning

St Mary’s University College

Waldegrave Road

Twickenham TW1 4SX

020 8240 4015

www.smuc.ac.uk/cwl

@stmaryscwl

Disclaimer
This email may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, we are sorry that you have received this email in error. Please note that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender, do not open any attachments, and delete the email immediately. Any views and opinions are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of St Mary's University College Twickenham. Please rely on your own virus checker. No responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any virus infection. We reserve the right to monitor e-mail messages passing through our network as permitted under UK law.