In the uk (and internationally) repositories are "diluted" with metadata records, I understand open mirror is predicated on aggregating full text content. See also http://core-project.kmi.open.ac.uk/projects

Nick

 Neil Jacobs writes

> Jisc is conducting a feasibility study into the “Open Mirror”, which
> would provide access for the world to the open access research
> outputs from UK researchers.

  If you want to reuse materials for UK respositories, you could
  use that special repo, but it would create a new layer of
  duplication and confusion. For somebody like me who wants
  to collect world-wide metadata about scholarly works, I
  don't seem a point in dealing with the aggreator rather
  than individual repositories. There may be some point to
  this if other countries would follow suit, but, for some
  countries it's very unlikely to ever take off.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel