Hi All,

My book, CREATING JAZZ COUNTERPOINT: NEW ORLEANS, BARBERSHOP HARMONY, AND
THE BLUES, is now listed on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Creating-Jazz-Counterpoint-Orleans-Barbershop/dp/1617039918

The book takes the development of Jazz counterpoint from the Bolden era up
to the “King” Oliver recordings of 1923. At the Jazz Education Network
Conference in Dallas, Texas, January 8-11, 2014, I will be developing
these ideas in relation to the Hot Five recordings. I will be doing a
paper for the conference on the relationship between Louis Armstrong’s
singing and playing, arguing that jazz education and performance should be
grounded in historical research.

http://jazzednet.org/

Since I left the UEA -  two years ago (due to the closure of the School of
Music) - I have funding my ongoing research through working in the glass
industry. I think the time has come to get back into academia. If anyone
would like a CV I can be contacted at [log in to unmask]

All the best,

Vic

Dr. Vic Hobson
Norwich,