Apologies for cross posting

Dear All

The next European Health Policy Group meeting will be hosted by the Management and Health Laboratory (MeS), Management Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa (Italy) on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th April 2014. The cost will be 90 euros, which will include dinner and a guided tour to the Miracle Square and the Leaning Tower.

We invite you to submit abstracts for papers to be presented at the meeting on the theme of “performance management and assessment in healthcare”.

We invite papers analysing and comparing different approaches to improving the performance of the health system and health services. Performance in health care refers to health care system objectives covering outcomes, efficiency, care quality and equity. Papers focusing on issues such as the use of incentives for efficiency and quality in health care, measurement and monitoring of quality, efficiency and equity, challenges of performance assessment, are welcome.

We are always interested in applied policy research and encourage collaborations between authors from backgrounds in economics and political science.

We are also open to abstract submissions on other topics and will consider including them in the programme.

Abstracts should be sent to [log in to unmask] by Friday 22nd November .  We will advise authors whether or not they have been successful by December 6th.  The (strict!) deadline for papers is Friday 21st March 2014.

best wishes,

On behalf of the EHPG Organising committee

John Appleby

Chief Economist

The King's Fund

Visiting Professor, City University

Twitter: @jappleby123

T: 0207 307 2540

M: 07831 638774

F: 0207 307 2807

www.kingsfund.org.uk

The King's Fund, 11-13 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN

Registered charity 1126980

NEW REPORT: 'Spending on health and social care over the next fifty years'

http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/time-to-think-differently/publications/spending-health-and-social-care-over-next-50-years

We have just launched a range of new resources on integrated care, including a brand new animation, plus an interactive map that highlights examples of joined-up care in action. Find out more at www.kingsfund.org.uk/joinedupcare