Dear GEM colleagues

I have set up a partnership of museums, archives and schools in the UK, Turkey, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand for a centenary project related to the 1915 Gallipoli campaign.  We are currently planning our parameters for funding for national and international projects and I’d really appreciate some examples of good websites.  Besides holding information and teaching resources, we want a simple process for participants to be able to upload material they have researched, related to individuals involved in the campaign (e.g. photos, documents, military records), and then to share this with participants in other countries.  In addition to archive material we will be inviting schools to develop creative projects using film, sound, visual art and written material and place these on the website.  We also want a forum where participants can exchange information.

So where do you think we should be looking to find examples of good practice?

By the way, there’s still time for museums and archives to express an interest if you missed the call for partners the first time round.  You would need to have historical connections with Gallipoli (see http://www.gallipoli-association.org/content/men-of-gallipoli/regiments-at-gallipoli for the list of regiments), and one or more schools to work with.  Let me know if you would like more information.

Many thanks, in advance.

Robin Clutterbuck

Gallipoli Centenary Education Project

T: +44 (0)7779 671794