I hope this is a bit clearer.

All the best,
Mark

On 8 Oct 2013, at 00:13, Matt Glasser <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

No BBR is just linear.  The nonlinear stuff is generated by field maps.

Peace,

Matt.

From: Dianne Patterson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, October 7, 2013 5:31 PM
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [FSL] BBR - linear or nonlinear?

I'm under the impression that BBR calculates both the linear and nonlinear transform...
and leaves you to choose what you think works best in your particular situation.

I've been figuring the nonlinear is best for going from subject space to standard space...

I tried both linear and nonlinear in subject space (low res to high res) and ended up thinking that the linear was
fine within subject (even though epis are distorted)...

That is just my take on it.

-Dianne