To my knowledge (and I will gladly be corrected if I'm wrong because that's the whole point of subscribing to these discussion areas) the four types of Dutch roundabout are:

1. turbo roundabout with level crossings
2. turbo roundabout with grade separation for cycling
3. standard roundabout without cycling priority
4. standard roundabout with cycling priority

LCC promotes the last to the exclusion of the others because we think they're the most suitable for high-density urban cities like ours ... a view I believe we share with most Dutch traffic engineers.

You're right that we don't always make these policy positions explicit, but we're a small charity and sometimes it's not possible to explain everything as fully as we'd like.

Kind Regards

Mike