Hi Jeronimo,

In this two part paper I gave a Marxist critique of the new econ
geography.  This emphasises the contradictions of accumulation, and class
conflict:

J.Gough (1996) Not flexible accumulation: contradictions of value in
contemporary economic geography, Part 1: Workplace and inter-firm
relations, *Environment and Planning A*, 28, 2063-2079

J.Gough (1996) Not flexible accumulation: contradictions of value in
contemporary economic geography, Part 2: Regional regimes, national
regulation and political strategy, *Environment and Planning A*, 28,
2179-2200

In a paper with Eisenschitz I critiqued the local economic strategies which
come out of this new econ geog, such as cluster promotion, high-skill
strategies, local networking, etc:

Eisenschitz, A. and Gough, J. (1996) The contradictions of neo-Keynesian
local economic strategy, *Review of International Political Economics* 3
(3) 434-5.

The paper below examines both reasons for, and problems with, workers'
support for this kind of 'high road' strategy:

Gough, J. (2010) Workers’ strategies to secure jobs, their uses of scale,
and competing economic moralities: rethinking the ‘geography of
justice’, *Political
Geography* 29 (3) 130-9.

Best wishes,

Jamie

 --

Dr Jamie Gough

Senior Lecturer,

Department of Town and Regional Planning,

University of Sheffield,

Sheffield, S10 2TN,

England

0114 222 6909