http://www.merseysidejobsonline.co.uk/i/1279504/camhs-clinical-psychologists-jobs-in-liverpool

Warmest wishes:

Zsuzsanna
On Monday, 14 October 2013, 22:38, Gilli Watson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Kat
I am not able to help re employment unfortunately as I am based in the south west. I am interested tho in your research findings. Vaginal 'trainers' continue to be very controversial , often used with women who have undisclosed experience of  childhood sexual abuse or adult rape and sexual violence . The use of 'Vaginismus' as a diagnosis has been critiqued as misdiagnosing the consequences of sexual trauma and that 'vaginal training' is an inappropriate practice . I am interested in the findings from your research and what womens experience was ?
Good wishes for your job hunting

Good wishes
Gilli
Gilli Watson
Associate Professor
Doctorate Programme in Clinical psychology
Rolle 506
Plymouth University
PL4 8AA

-----Original Message-----
From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kat Macey
Sent: 11 October 2013 13:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Any opportunities in Liverpool or around?

Hi,
My name is Kat Macey, I'll soon be finishing my doctorate in clinical psychology and I'm planning to move to Liverpool. I'm job hunting at the moment and was directed to this site as a way of trying to find out what opportunities might be available in the north west.

I'm particularly interested in working with people with learning disabilities, or continuing my doctoral research into how service user experiences of treatment, particularly women's sexual health, can be used to improve care (my research used women's experiences of using vaginal trainers for vaginismus to draft some guidelines for better care), but I'd be prepared to think about involvement in health and mental health more broadly. I'd also be interested in getting involved with projects looking at links between social deprivation and mental health.

Do any of you know of anything that it might be worth me trying to get involved with?

Kat