Hmmm… is it really (physiological-like) "binding", or your protein A is aggregating/precipitating on the "partner"? Do you have a good negative control (a similar protein to which protein A should not bind)? Also, as a general rule, be careful about your detection method for the pull-down, don't get too sensitive or you'll start seeing hair on eggs -- maybe that's not the case, since you say "strong interaction".

Carlos