I use 2QNS for teaching. It is an egregious case of modeling ligand into noise.  Also, the structure has many close contacts (e.g. HOH A351),  poor stereochemistry (e.g. A58-A61), and incorrectly built water.  Turn on symmetry to see the steric clash of the peptide ligand with itself.  You can get the coordinates and maps from EDS.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18611381
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21827955
http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/ties-that-dont-bind-group-retracts-parathyroid-hormone-crystallography-paper/
http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/pnas-retraction-marks-second-for-crystallography-group/

John J. Tanner
Professor of Biochemistry and Chemistry
University of Missouri-Columbia
125 Chemistry Building
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: 573-884-1280
Fax: 573-882-2754
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://faculty.missouri.edu/~tannerjj/tannergroup/tanner.html

On Oct 17, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Lucas <[log in to unmask]>