Also  how does the Rmerge vary with the resoln ? Is your data good upto 1.7A?
Regards and wishes
Krishnaswamy

On 13 Oct 2013 04:33, "CCP4BB automatic digest system" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Topics of the day:

  1. Celebrating Crystallography — A short animated film
  2. Rfree stuck (2)

Date:    Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:37:18 +0000
From:    "Curry, Stephen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Celebrating Crystallography — A short animated film

For your consideration:

Celebrating Crystalllography — a short film made by the Royal Institution (in cahoots with production company 12foot6) and funded by the STFC.

http://richannel.org/celebrating-crystallography

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:16:43 +0530
From:    Dilip Badjugar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Rfree stuck

Hello Experts,

I am trying to solve structure of a protein (213 a.a) complexed with a
peptide (14mer) using molecular replacement method. The complex crystals
are diffracted around 1.7 A and  data is processed in p3(2)21 space group.
The structure was solved using apo protein with good LLG -3148 and TFZ
score- 49. The modeis refined in phenix the Rfactor -26.0 and Rfree is
28.0. I have added ligand molecule in positive density and also added water
molecules (200), followed TLS refinement  but still the Rfactor not came
down much ( Rfactor-21.53 and Rfree-25.44). There no outliers in
Ramachandran plot and most of the residues (97.21) are favored region. Can
you please suggest, what can be done to reduce the Rfree?

Thanking you in advance.
DCB

--
Mr.Dilip C. Badgujar,