Dear Thuy,

I would try to model alternative conformations. E.g. blob2 looks like a lower occupancy cadmium ion coordinated to the glutamine, causing the histidine to assume an alternative conformation, also coordinating the ion. Just try to build different possibilities. If, after refinement it turns out to be incorrect, you can always reject it and try other things.

Good luck!
HErman

Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von thuy ngo
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013 08:41
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [ccp4bb] help with strange density map

Dear all,

I am dealing with two strange extra density map. One is connected from Cb of Proline to Ca of glycine (blob 1)
 and other is positioned between two symmetric molecules which is connected from Cb of Histidine to carboxylate group of Glutamate. I checked all the crystallization and purification condition but no ligand is suitable for these blobs. Could you suggest some possible candidates?
This is the structure complex between peptide deformylase and fMAS
Crystallization condition: 2M Sodium acetate, 0.1 M HEPES 7.5 and 0.05M CdSO4

Thank you