Gloria,

Here is how we are now doing it, courtesy of Yu-Jing's and Merlin's fine development work.  We have also tried it to quantitatively remove tags by TEV cleavage, but we haven't solved that problem yet.

Regards,

Michael

Tan, Yu-Jing, Wei-Han Wang, Yi Zheng, Jinlan Dong, Giovanni Stefano, Federica Brandizzi, R. Michael Garavito, Gavin E. Reid, and Merlin L. Bruening (2012) Limited Proteolysis Via Millisecond Digestions in Protease-Modified Membranes. Analytical Chemistry 84(19), 8357-63

R. Michael Garavito, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
603 Wilson Rd., Rm. 513
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1319
Office:  (517) 355-9724     Lab:  (517) 353-9125
FAX:  (517) 353-9334        Email:  rm[log in to unmask]