Hi Andre,

Are you sure that the cryoprotectant has been optimized?..I am sure you
must have already done it but just in case..sometimes the cryo protectant
which makes the ice rings disappear is  not the best one and playing around
that concentration as well as different alternatives can have a huge
impact. Another thing, again trivial, is to shoot different parts of the
crystal. For big crystals sometimes the regions near the tips diffract
better than regions in the interior ( plausibly correlated with penetration
of the cryoprotectant during treatment as well as other deformities in the
central portions that might have occurred during crystal growth or
vitrification.)

My humble two cents,

Best,

Arka Chakraborty

--
*Arka Chakraborty*
*ibmb (Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona)**