Our University Library system is introducing a new searching tool called 'Summon'.  We have been provided with some HTML to create a search form within an HTML blue module box to put on our Library tab.  This will allow users to search the Library resources directly from within Blackboard.

I have created the HTML module but nothing happens when I enter a search term and press the button to 'Search Summon'.  Just a blank page is returned.

The same HTML works fine when the form is displayed outside of Blackboard.

Our web designer has checked the code and concluded that something in Blackboard is preventing it returning the results.

We have an existing form that successfully returns the search results of our Library catalogue.

I logged a job with Behind the Blackboard and got this response: "This is out of our support scope since this is a custom build html form."

Any ideas what is preventing Blackboard displaying the search results?

We are on Blackboard 9 SP12 (self hosted).