Following the popularity at HCI International 2013 where our parallel session was one of the largest of the conference, we invite you to HCII 2014 Crete, Greece, 22-27 June 2014.

http://designforbehaviorchange.wordpress.com

This Parallel Session aims to bring together a multidisciplinary set of researchers and industry professionals interested in designing behavior change interventions. The session is part of the conference’s thematic area Design, User Experience and Usability (DUXU). For more information please visit the Conference Website at http://hcii2014.org/duxu.php.

CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite contributions that explore how experiences can be designed to facilitate positive behavior change. Papers may be related (but not limited) to physical health, mental well-being, exercise, social activities, rehabilitation after illness or stress, ageing, energy saving, generally living in an independent, sustainable way.
We will review theoretical papers, case studies, and empirical research in UX presenting one or more of the following:

We highly encourage research that incorporates one or more of the following themes:

KEY DATES
Extended abstracts (2-4 pages) for blind peer review are due on 29 November 2013. Please ignore the 800-word length instructions in the submission system – we require extended abstracts of 2-4 pages. Accepted full papers (6-10 pages) are due 7 February 2014.

HOW TO SUBMIT
Please contact Marc Fabri ([log in to unmask]) if you are interested in submitting an extended abstract. You will then receive a personal invite through the conference CMS.

WHAT WE WILL ACCEPT
All papers must report completed work with results available at the time of final submission. Proposals for new frameworks, protocols, etc. must emerge from research or practice and cannot be simply position papers. Data from studies that have not been approved by an institutional review board must meet criteria for being exempt from human subjects research.

For formatting instructions and further details about the call, please visit http://designforbehaviorchange.wordpress.com

We hope to see you in Crete in June 2014!
Marc Fabri, Leeds Metropolitan University, UK
Marientina Gotsis, University of Southern California, USA