Thank you for the information about the journal Anthony. Any step towards the development of Black Studies in Britain is welcome alongside developing Black British history as well.

George

From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of msherwood [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 October 2013 08:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Absent from the Academy

From: a.reddie [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 October 2013 08:04

Dear Colleagues

Please forgive the blatant plug,  but I would like to draw your attention to (and to remind others) of this international journal that is edited by me. In the struggle for the emergence of Black studies in the UK,  I would like to make a plea for this journal as it represents an anti hegemonic riposte to what is one of the oldest and Whitest disciplines in the western intellectual tradition. Indeed, theology used to be called 'The Queen of the sciences'.

I'm making no special pleading for the journal,  just trying to ensure that we don't overlook the presence of a Black run, British based, double blind peer reviewed journal that was founded in the UK by myself and is the only publication of its type in the world.

Further details can be found in the link below.

http://maneypublishing.com/index.php/journals/blt/

Peace

Anthony

Anthony G. Reddie
Visiting Research Fellow
Editor: Black Theology: An International Journal
InterLanD Research Centre
Aston University
Aston Triangle
Birmingham
B4 7ET
http://maneypublishing.com/index.php/journals/blt/

The University of Northampton joins the global Social Enterprise elite and is the first Ashoka U 'Changemaker Campus' in the UK; recognised for the excellence of our extensive social enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship provision. See more about this on our website www.changemakercampus.org.uk

96% of our graduates are in employment or further study six months after completing their courses. See more about this on our website www.northampton.ac.uk/about

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.