Can anyone advise? I told her that I knew nothing, but doubted that there
was any legislation either banning Black workers or making them employable.

________________________________
From: Elsa O'Toole [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 October 2013 19:54
2013

Dear Ms. Sherwood,

After months of searching, I have been advised to contact you personally for
advice as the preeminent expert in Black Brit (recent) history.

I am a Black British filmmaker researching my feature & would be grateful
for your assistance.

I've been trying for months to confirm a 4-digit date, prior to which White
store owners deemed it offensive to White shoppers that Blacks handle goods.

The questions are:

  1.  when were Black Brits first permitted to 'visibly' work in Oxford St,
London shops - 197?
  2.  was legislation introduced (specifically) to address this & is it
named/listed under the Race Relations Act of 1976?

I would be so grateful if you could help or suggest experts in 'Black
British Civil Rights - from 1960 to present day' that I can contact for
advice?

Thank you in advance.

Best

Elsa O'Toole
BAFTA
BLASTED - British Council:  http://film.britishcouncil.org/blasted
BLASTED - Imdb:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2901090/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1
BLASTED - Official Selection: USA 12th Urban Mediamaker Film Festival 2013
WE CAN FILMS LTD - www.elsaotoole.com<http://www.elsaotoole.com/>