Hello all

We are transcribing some employee lists from Clarks, with all those involved signing in their best whirliest handwriting. The capital letters for their Chrisian name initials are giving us some problems as these have diverged considerably from most capital letter shapes known to mankind. As everybody only signs once, we can't compare and contrast elsewhere in the document.

Can anybody recommend any alphabets showing 19th/early 20th c capital letters in their various shapes and sizes? All the palaegraphy books we have here inevitably focus on the medieval/early modern period, and not the whirly later period.

Many thanks

Charlotte Berry
Alfred Gillett Trust
01458 842557