Dear all

Please could you note the following information and pass on wherever appropriate.

Hampshire Record Office is currently open 6 days per week, providing a total of 49 opening hours each week to the public.

However, there has been a steady decline in visitor numbers over a number of years, due in part at least to increasing remote digital access.  On Saturdays, this decline has combined with traditional low usage (in terms of visitor numbers we are only half as busy on an average Saturday compared to an average weekday).

In order to make more effective use of our resources, from October 2013 we are reducing the number of Saturdays we are open to 24 per year, opening on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month only.  This will be for a trial period of one year, with a review after six months.

For example, for the rest of 2013, our opening Saturdays will be 5 and 19 October, 2 and 16 November, and 7 and 21 December.

Jane Harris

Senior Archivist (Customer Services)
Work days: Tues-Fri
Hampshire Record Office, Sussex Street
Winchester, Hants SO23 8TH
Tel 01962 846154 (main line) HPSN 200 6147
e-mail [log in to unmask]

*** This email, and any attachments, is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender. Any request for disclosure of this document under the Data Protection Act 1998 or Freedom of Information Act 2000 should be referred to the sender. [disclaimer id: HCCStdDisclaimerExt] *** Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]