Dear all,

At the last London Cardigan Continuum meeting (see
http://thecardigancontinuum.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/announcing-the-hilarys/
for more details), the idea was floated of having our own version of the
Oscars - the Hilarys - in order to compile a list of the most thought
provoking articles, books, news stories, blog posts, technologies or
whatever from outside the field that had really made us think in 2013. To
this end we decided on two categories (see below) and would welcome any
nominations;

*	Most thought-provoking encounter (the idea, article, book, news
story, technology or whatever from outside the field of archives and records
management that has had the most impact in making you think about what you
do in a different way this year)
*	Most promising newcomer (a development from outside the field that
has occurred in 2013 that you think is most worth keeping an eye on)

Nominations should take the form of details of whatever you are nominating
plus a few words about why you think it should win. The best place for your
nominations is the Cardigan Continuum blog (as comments on the post linked
to above), but equally if you want to make them here, we will endeavour to
pull them in for consideration. All those attending the next Cardigan
Continuum London meeting (date to be confirmed) will be deemed to constitute
the awarding committee and get to decide on the shortlist. These will then
go to a Twitter vote to decide the winners.

All the best,

Jenny Bunn (on behalf of the Cardigan Continuum)