Career Development Fellow - 3 year fixed term position
Biostatistics Unit - Cambridge
Salary £27,454 - £31,093

The MRC Biostatistics Unit is one of Europe's leading biostatistics research institutions.  One of the themes of the unit is the Design and Analysis of Randomised Trials (DART) which forms the MRC Biostatistics Unit Hub for Trials Methodology Research. Within the Hub there is an adaptive designs research group that is investigating methodologies within:

 1.  Multi-arm multi-stage designs
 2.  Optimal dose-finding trial designs
 3.  Phase 1 trial designs
 4.  Biomarker-driven trial designs.

We have strong collaborative links with other researchers in the area of adaptive trials. We have several adaptive trials running using adaptive design methodology which we hope to expand over the next quinquenium.

We require a postdoctoral statistician with a statistics related PhD to extend our work in model-robust Bayesian D-optimal designs. Also the statistician will be responsible for at least one large phase III trial either in the area of stroke interventions via GP practices or in life-style weight intervention trials. There will be the expectation to develop new statistical methods and to apply them to trial design and analysis.

For further details about these posts and the MRC Biostatistics Unit, please visit our web site www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk<http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/> where further information about the posts and the Hub can be found (see under "Latest News, Jobs").  For an informal discussion about these posts please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Applications are handled by the UK Shared Business Services; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc117193_3790.aspx. Please upload your CV along with a Cover Letter (saving the documents with the IRC117193 in the filename). Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867000. Please quote reference number IRC117193.

Closing date: 21 November 2013

Interview date: 2 December 2013

The Medical Research Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer

UK Shared Business Services Ltd. Registered in England and Wales as a limited company.  Company number 6330639.  Registered Office: North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 1FF.

UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is the new name for RCUK Shared Services Centre Ltd. While we migrate all our materials to the new name and new identity please bear with us.

This email and any attachments are intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify UK SBS immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this email or any part of it. While UK SBS has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this e-mail or any attachments containing viruses, the recipient should carry out its own virus checks before opening the attachments. The Company does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Any opinions expressed in this email (including attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the company's opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business. The Company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks for the purposes of preventing and detecting crime.

This message has been scanned by the iCritical Email Security Service. For more information please visit http://www.icritical.com

SIGNOFF allstat