Hello, just a quick couple of questions

1. Does anyone know of any good accounts of the Heck Brothers work 'recreating' the aurochs in germany?
2. Where near to Cardiff/Bristol are any mounted aurochs skeletons?
3. Any good images of an aurochs, all I can find are either historic or mildly hysterical!

I visited Berlin zoo in the early 80s and saw some giant cattle (were they Heck brother aurochs) which made a great impression on me.  I recently wrote a brief piece on aurochs  for the film Beast of the Southern Wild. and as a result National Geographic have been in touch as they are interested in making a program on the Heck brothers.

http://cardiffsciscreen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/aurochs-little-below-elephant-in-size.html (by the way first image is poss a bison! - next time check the images that get posted...)

Cheers for any information.

Jacqui Mulville (PhD), Reader in Bioarchaeology
Chair of the Undergraduate Board of Studies
Tel: + 44 (0) 29 2087 4247

Public Engagement and STEM Ambassador http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhOIbvYpKhE
Social Media http://www.facebook.com/GuerillaArchaeology/ or http://www.facebook.com/CORGROUP, guerillaarchaeology.wordpress.com, Flickr guerilla_archaeology, twitter @GuerillaArchae

School of History, Archaeology and Religion, Cardiff University, CF10 3EU