Hi Lizzie
I have found similar objects to your perforated disc in 18/19th C contexts in Ireland, and have interpreted them as washers or spacers.
Fiona

From: Lizzie Wright <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 2:55 PM
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Victorian worked bone

Dear all,

Can anyone help me to identify what these pieces of worked bone are? I don't expect to be able to identify the species, but perhaps someone with more experience of worked bone might be able to tell me what they are being worked into. I feel like the round one especially might be very recognisable to someone who has seen one before.

They are both from contexts in and around victorian houses, and there are also bone knife handles in the same contexts.

Thanks!

Lizzie