Try:

http://paleo-tech.com/

--Jeff

________________________________
From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of fiona beglane [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 4:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Curved calipers and measuring box

Hi Albina
I assume you mean large curved calipers for doing eg skulls?  I got some through a shop that sells woodturning equipment - you may have somewhere local or you could try the internet for this.  They use them for making wooden bowls.  Mine just have the caliper part and then you hold it up against a ruler to get the measurement, so it is accurate to say 0.5mm.

I have seen measuring boxes on-line but they were always hundreds of Euros so I got a friend to make one up for me using solid bits of wood and with a metal ruler screwed to the baseplate.  I showed him pictures of what I wanted.  If you want I can email you a photo of what he made and you can copy it.

Fiona