I've got a maxilla of what I think is one of the smaller mustiledae (I'm
using Simon Hillson's Teeth). But this critter has only p4 and p3; there
are no cavities in the bone for p2 and p1.
Have I got an individual that just happened to not grow the other
premolar(s)?
Also, can anyone tell me, in Hillson's illustrations, is spacing between
teeth shown accurately? There's definitely space in the bone of my
specimen for teeth between the p3's and the canines.

Also, Hillson's illustrations of worn cervid teeth (p 136) make the
teeth look like they are worn flat, that is, the buccal and lingual
sides are level. But all the teeth I've got have very different wearing,
with the buccal side of the teeth much longer than the lingual, and
having a marked W profile.

I've tried to find good photos of these dentitions onthe internet, but
so far haven't succeeded.

Eve (putting in a ton of volunteer hours without actually accomplishing
anything!)