Hello everyone

I have been asked to produce some bone tools for display, and possible use, at a woodcraft fair to be held in two weeks' time at which a local archaeology group is holding demonstrations.

I've never done this before and the internet is not proving helpful, so I hope that some of you will provide me with some advice on how to go about it.  I'll probably be using bones from the butcher, so I guess the first question is: do I boil up the bones or otherwise sterilise them before I do anything?  What tools do I use? etc.

I am a total beginner, so any advice at all will be welcome.

Thank you.

Maria
(Brighton and Hove Arch. Soc)