With manycore do you mean multicore?

For multicore I see a lot of positive reason to put more work into it.
The use of less memory has snowball effects not only on the amount of
hardware we might buy but also on the possibility of using 64bit on more
applications and 64bit applications are more efficient ie. higher HS06
values. Of course there is the problem of how to schedule the jobs but
until there are more queues this will have little priority. Also I know
experiments are at different stages for this.

cheers
alessandra

--
Facts aren't facts if they come from the wrong people. (Paul Krugman)