Hi Donald,

Thank you very much for your help in this mailing list. I want to discuss
with you and others something.

So for the previous point, I cannot do it in a rapid jittared event design
where most of the trials are represented in ITI of 2 seconds. Am I correct?
If can do or cannot, would extracting the beta ( the Y ) when I plot fitted
response is more accurate than taking the mean signal from the smoothed
volumes ( and not entering them into spm first level analysis ).

The point that I would like to make is :

Say I have two force conditions where subjects have to apply force to a
certain target A and B. In this case, I can choice, like others, two way of
designing my GLM : a parametric response where I have one main regressor
and another one, two or three ( parametric modulations) for the actual
response OR a categorical where I can represent each force with a
regressor. We use a rapid event design. The aim is to find how BOLD
response and behaves.

The Questions that I have are :
1) Taking into acount the variable responses from subjects ( for example
instead of targeting to 10 they target to 13 or 15 or 8 and so on, and this
varies among trials ) would it be correct if we categorize forces or best
if we use a parametric design.

2) We want to plot in x force and in y signals. What is the best way to do
this : Would the original idea ( taking mean signal from a ROI in each
volume and then plot this ) is correct OR should we stick with a parametric
response or categorical design?

The main aim is to see how force and BOLD correlates with each other ?

I hope this was not confusing

Thanks

Aser