Dear folks
I ,d like to ask about the validity of two measures introduced in a paper entitled " CULTURAL MOVEMENT PATTERNS AND SOCIAL
IMPLICATIONS IN SPACE OF VILLAGES ABSORBED BY CITIES IN BAHRAIN" . in this work Alghatam (2012) says "The key syntactic property of segment intelligibility measure and space‐crossing measure, a measure to show how village local movement related to global movement in the urban context, is a new model of the way a village is embedded in its urban context. It expresses the mean local angular integration and choice values of the village segment at radius 500 as the best local radius of pedestrians’ context, correlated with the mean global angular integration and choice value of the village at radius 2000 as the best urban context radius of the villages surrounding areas. The difference in using a segment model rather than an axial model is that the segment model is more perceptive and significant for the local structure of the village as informal settlements and the way it relates to city structures more than axial lines models." to what degree can I depend on these measures in studying part-whole relation? why R500 is best for local scale while R2000 is best for global measure? any citation for these two new measures?
Thanks a lot