I would add a citation to this from Mike Batty:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v444/n7119/full/nature05302.html

this demonstrates that although power laws seem to hold at snapshot points in time, the real history of evolution over time is very different. I am unaware of any simulations that show the phenomena of growth and decline and shifting of rank position that Mike illustrates through rank clocks.

Alan Penn
Professor of Architectural and Urban Computing
Dean of the Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1H6BT
+44 (0)20 3108 9139

On 26 Sep 2013, at 08:38, Gianluca Manzo <[log in to unmask]>