Apologies for multiple postings

Dear colleagues

I attach a link to the latest issue of Lifewide Magazine
<http://www.lifewidemagazine.co.uk/> http://www.lifewidemagazine.co.uk/
which examines the idea of learning ecologies and its link to lifewide
learning, education and personal development. We believe that this is an
important topic that is rarely addressed and we hope that you will find the
articles interesting, useful and enjoyable.

To accompany the Magazine we are publishing two new chapters in our e-book
exploring the idea of learning ecologies
<http://www.lifewideebook.co.uk/index.html>
http://www.lifewideebook.co.uk/index.html . The first of these 'The Concept
of Learning Ecologies' has now been published.

I would also like to draw your attention to Lifewide Education's first
conference.

LEARNING LIVES: Encouraging, Supporting & Recognising Lifewide Learning in
Universities
Wednesday 26th March 2014,
<https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=WC1E+7HX&ie=UTF8&ll=51.
527596,-0.125055&spn=0.018689,0.036478&z=14&source=embed> Clore Management
Centre, Birkbeck, University of London

We do hope that you will be able to join us. You can find further details
and a booking form on the conference website
<http://www.learninglives.co.uk/> http://www.learninglives.co.uk/

warm regards

Norman

LIFEWIDE MAGAZINE SEPTEMBER 2013

This issue of the Magazine examines the idea of learning ecologies,
offering a range of perspectives gleaned from the literature and personal
experiences. An individual's learning ecology comprises their contexts,
processes, relationships and interactions that provides opportunities and
resources for learning, development and achievement. Knowing how to create
and sustain a learning ecology is an essential part of 'knowing how to
learn' in all the different contexts that comprise an individual's life.
Learning ecologies are therefore of significant conceptual and practical
value to the theory and practice of lifewide learning and education.

Contributors include: Professor Ronald Barnett, Maret Staron, Peter
Rawsthorne and KnowledgeWorks a US-based organisation, and lively and
informative contributions from several students and recent graduates.

The Magazine is produced by the Lifewide Education community
<http://lifewideeducation.co.uk/> http://lifewideeducation.co.uk/ and it is
free to download from  <http://www.lifewidemagazine.co.uk/>
http://www.lifewidemagazine.co.uk/