Future Proof – Protecting our digital future » Why you need social media
recordkeeping
Social media content is disappearing

Research done in 2012 by Hany SalahEldeen and Michael Nelson
<http://ws-dl.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/2012-02-11-losing-my-revolution-year.html>at
Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia showed that one year after the
Egyptian Revolution, 11% of the social media content documenting this
momentous event had disappeared.

Your response to this may be that throughout time, we have always lost
parts of our history so is this really a big deal?

http://bit.ly/19s3ezh

Source:
http://futureproof.records.nsw.gov.au/why-you-need-social-media-recordkeeping/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/19s3ezh+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP
Dallas, Texas