As someone who spends many an hour schlepping the streets of my area helping to create the Electoral Roll I think Big Brother Watch would be better served trying to actually get people to sign and return their forms and in trying to encourage people to use their vote.

I deliver approx 900 forms and then have to do call backs to those not returned within 4 - 6 weeks.  I usually have at least 400 call backs to do and many say they don't want to sign as they wont be voting.

And as for the edited register all the public have to do is tick a box!

Lee Gardiner
Data Protection & Freedom of Information Officer

Knowledge Management Team
Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
Service Headquarters
Garstang Road
Fulwood
Preston
PR2 3LH

01772 866903

SMOKE ALARMS SAVE LIVES
Call 0800 169 1125 to book a free Home Fire Safety Check.
Visit our website: www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Facebook: Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
Twitter: @LancashireFRS