*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

I will shortly be taking up the post of Social Science Data Librarian & Subject Consultant at the University of Oxford and I look forward to following and contributing to this list from there. Naturally, as a result of this change, my current post of Data Librarian at the London School of Economics and Political Science is now being re-advertised. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone in our field with a Library, data archiving or similar background.

I've greatly enjoyed my time there and I would encourage anyone with experience of working with researchers, promoting data collections or of advocating research data management, to take a look at the details as outlined below.

Data Librarian
The London School of Economics and Political Science - Library Services
Salary: £32,469 - £39,276 per annum inclusive

An exciting development opportunity has arisen to join the Research Support Services team within the Academic Services Group and under the direction of the Research Support Services Manager to manage the Library's collection of datasets and to lead the development of services to support the management of research data.

In this post you will manage and develop the Library's extensive collection of datasets, provide advice and training for their use to researchers, staff and students and ensure compliance with access requirements. You will work closely with the Research Support Services Manager and colleagues across LSE on initiatives to develop and implement a strategy to collect, store and curate primary data produced by LSE researchers and build services to assist researchers with data management. You will also contribute to the work of the Academic Services Group, undertaking information skills training and enquiry work and participating in strategic and operational planning for the Group.

You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent with experience of supporting research or managing subscribed resources. You should be an excellent communicator with strong organisational skills as well as a proven ability to relate to a wide range of users and academic colleagues. You will be able to initiate service developments as well as having the ability to work as part of a team. We are particularly interested in applications from candidates with experience of working with research data or that have a demonstrated interest in developing expertise in data curation and management.

More details from: j.mp/19AjTiR <http://t.co/Jx8rtDzKct>

Closing date: Friday 11th October 2013 (23.59 GMT).

Formal enquiries may be addressed to Natalia Madjarevic, Research Support Services Manager, Library, The London School of Economics and Political Science
t: 020 7852 3528
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

many thanks

John Southall

Data Librarian,
Research Support | Library Services,
The London School of Economics and Political Science,
10 Portugal Street | London | WC2A 2HD

T: 020 7955 6755

Digital Developments: http://lselibrarydigidev.blogspot.co.uk/
LSE Library Collections: http://lselibrarycollections.blogspot.co.uk/