Hi,
I too would like to see more of a breakdown and would be particularly interested in a comparison between those choosing to stay in a state school sixth form and those going to college.  Glad to see the back of school, but determined to continue studying, I chose to do my A' Levels at a large college before studying Astrophysics at Uni.  Back then it never even crossed my mind that it would make a blind bit of difference where I did my A'Levels, but it would be really useful to know if it does. Young people often discuss study options with me and it would be nice to give them a bit more info.
Katie

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:13:38 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Encouraging teenagers from state schools to study science
To: [log in to unmask]

I'd be pretty interested in this, but I'd also like to see more of a breakdown because I went to a state school that was previously a grammar school, and then went to Cambridge to study Physics (well, Natural Sciences, but focusing on Physics). I would like to know if there's a gap between that type of school and schools that have always been comprehensives too.

Michael