Speaking of infuriating buzzwords, so long as nobody mentions “North stars” (as in, people who lead, and give direction to others… I feel dirty even typing it) then I’m happy.

(The non-astronomically-minded might be interested to know that Alpha Ursae Minoris, the North star, is variable, erratically unstable, and not even particularly bright. Oh, and it’s very heavy and will die young.)

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sallie Robins
Sent: 19 September 2013 15:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Senior science Communications manager role at Cancer Research UK

Well done Dr Wood, funny how phrases come and go, the one that is seemingly everywhere and drives me slightly nuts is that someone has 'been on a journey' or is still 'on a journey' to get where they want to be.   And on a lighter note when did yum become nom?   I guess I should join a linguistic development list but just felt I would throw this out as light relief from writing....passionately...OK back to the journey..