This is nice, Keith.

While on thetopic of design/engineering not being art.  I have recently gotten myself a british icon, the Brompton.  On certain days when I don't get to ride it, I enjoy folding and unfolding it once or twice, just for the delight of seeing and admiring how elegant the fold is (of course having a brooks saddle on it helps the aesthetic even more).  Its at home sometimes like a piece of beautiful sculpture.  This value is at least as significant as its functionality.  I thought I just put this out.  Maybe those who own Bromptons could get together to discuss it from a design theory perspective?