On Sep 3, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Yoad David Luxembourg wrote:

> In my humble perspective the difference between designing (the changing of existing situations into preferred ones)  done by designers and the designing doctors or businessmen is that the final or achieved result must speak for itself - communicating its functional and cultural affordability(ies) without the use written or spoken language.

I certainly agree - with the caveat that it the result must speak to those effected or concerned who are able to interpret the result.

Terry's act of tying shoe laces can be an act of designing only if the objective is to improve the act of tying - as for example a new form of knot. If it is only to use what is given it is not.

Or so I believe,
chuck