Pat, it would be useful if you did publish that feedback in a paper so as
to keep drawing attention to these issues.

There are costs for creating transcripts in English as we all know and this
is where big MOOC providers have invested where individual institutions
putting their lectures onto e.g. iTunesU and YouTube have not been able to
compete. Autotranscription technologies will help in part depending on the
quality of the recording but we are just not there yet so human services or
crowdsourcing are still the play of the day. Investment in transcription
services is something to look at seriously, however. And, determining which
languages benefit, sadly, will be a part of that debate.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Pat Lockley <[log in to unmask]