Hi

Another thought. I think also the employee needs to be aware that he is putting himself at risk of being sued for making fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations in the job application - the health form to my knowledge could be consider part of the process?? However it could all be based on how the questions are phrased.

Anna
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karen Coomer
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 3:55 PM
  Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] pre-employment OH dilemma

  Hi List

  I have had an interesting situation for which it would be useful to have other opinions on.

  I had a chap a couple of months ago who was dismissed via medical capability due to back problems, he worked in a warehouse environment and after adjustments and a short spell of redeployment could not sustain attendance.

  Last week the same chap applied for a very similar warehouse position to another customer of mine, he has not declared his existing condition on the pre-employment health declaration process. I'm presuming they will get a reference regarding his absence but he is a strong candidate and they have offered the job.

  I have dealt with the situation now but am interested in what others would have done.

  Look forward to comments.

  Regards

  Karen

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: