Hi all

My view is that you can only approach this on a cost benefit basis.   I have said before on this forum that we are where we are because those who pay for us do so on the basis that we are a benefit to their business.  Okay, you can argue about the public health benefits but most employers in chastened times want the benefit we bring to their business to be more than it costs them to employ or contract us.

Where you have a city office block, a treatment service will be no use at all – dishing out the odd Paracetomol to those who can go the local chemist in their lunch hour is not a good use of our time , let alone our professional capabilities.   Yet in some heavy industry where there are still heightened risks of serious injuries or a car plant where the cost of an unscheduled stop of the production line is £10,000 per minute, the maths can add up to a very different result.

Once you have done the cost benefit exercise, you can then get into the debate about who provides it and how – whether it’s OHAs, Practice Nurses, First Aiders, vending machines or some other inventive solution.

Thanks

Lindsey

Lindsey Hall

Director and Independent Occupational Health Adviser

Split Dimension Ltd

Phone: 01454 852715

Fax: 01454 740045

Mobile: 07771 596111

Web: www.splitdimension.co.uk

Twitter: https://twitter.com/splitdimension

The Health at Work Guide - out now!

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the named  addressee or think you may not be the  intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on the contents of this transmission and should destroy it immediately. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me as soon as possible.

Please note that Split Dimension does not accept any responsibility for viruses, malware or any other potentially harmful programmes or systems and it is your responsibility to protect your computer systems against any possible contamination that might be contained in transmissions and/or attachments.

Split Dimension Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.  No 5725582.